Got this email for those interested in helping a good cause and wanting to attend the Winter Classic.
Hi my name is Nicole Merritt and I am with the Celebrities for Charity Foundation. Part of our fundraising efforts revolve around our online raffle site called netraffle.org. The site allows us to create once in a lifetime experiences and gain revenue for the many different charities that we support.
The reason why I am emailing you today is to ask if you could post information about our newest raffle, Travis Roy’s Fenway Winter Classic Raffle, on your blog. The grand prize includes:
- Winner will receive 2 tickets to the NHL Winter Classic at Fenway Park on New Year’s Day; where the Boston Bruins will take on the Philadelphia Flyers (January 1, 2010, Game Time To Be Determined)
- Winner and guest will spend New Year’s Eve in Boston and enjoy a one night stay at the Harvard Club of Boston; located in Back Bay on Boston’s Picturesque Commonwealth Avenue (Single Room, Double Occupancy, December 31, 2010)
- Winner and guest will enjoy dinner at the Eastern Standard Restaurant in Kenmore Square
- Winner will receive 2 passes to First Night in Boston
- Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $433.69 to mitigate the Winner’s tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($358.42) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($75.27)
The proceeds for this raffle will benefit The Travis Roy Foundation and Celebrities for Charity.
The entry deadline for the raffle is October 20th at 11 AM.
For more information about the raffle and the charities involved please visit https://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffles/trfenway_winter_classic.cfm. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to either email me back or call the office at (978)-749-6700.