1. David Krejci. Best Bruin on the ice tonight. Picked up a goal and an assist and finished +2 on the night. Krejci is starting to round into form after struggling early in the season after hip surgery. As the season has progressed it is apparent he has been gaining his strength back.
2. Michael Ryder. His play continues to improve as Krejci’s play picks up. The streaky winger has 5 points in his last 5 games, so hopefully a hot span of games is on the horizon.
3. Patrice Bergeron. Seeing Bergeron play live the last two games, it’s apparent he is at (or atleast very close) to being 100% out there. He also threw a few nice hits which is always encouraging.
1. The Nassau Coliseum. I went to the game on Saturday and this place is a dump. It reminded me of a really crappy college arena. Although the official stats say there were over 13,000 people at the game, I’d say it was probably around 10,000 with probably 1/4 of them being Bruins fan. Pretty hard to attract fans with a combination of such a bad arena and a struggling team (last few years).
2. Steve Begin. Where did Begin disappear to after having such a successful first quarter to the season? His play has dropped off dramatically and the fourth line hasn’t been as effective since Bitz has been moved up. Begin only won 4 of 12 faceoffs but did have 4 hits at the end of the night. Begin needs to be more consistent and bring a physical presence every game.
3. Thomas/Ference/Wideman’s OT shift. Just a bad play from all three. While Thomas may have come too far out to challenge, the play was a result of Wideman and Ference leaving Thomas out to dry. Even with Thomas’ sub par game, goaltending will still be this team’s strength and the Bruins have two number 1’s with Thomas and Rask.