1. Patrice Bergeron. Great all around game from Bergeron, who collected his first points of the season. Bergeron was arguably the best forward on the ice tonight, and made two great passes which resulted in goals.
2. Tim Thomas. Thomas was unbelievable in net tonight. Washington was throwing everything at him and Thomas showed why he is a former Vezina winner.
3. Jordan Caron. Caron plays like a veteran in this league with the poise he plays with. He made great decisions with the puck, especially on the penalty kill. Caron was also rewarded with his second goal of the year because of a beautiful pass from Bergeron. Hard to see Paille getting back in the lineup at Caron’s expense.
1. Tim Thomas’ passing/clearly attempts. A bad pass resulted in an easy open net goal for the Capitals. Thomas has always been shaky with the puck but other than that he has looked unbelievable in net.
2. Blake Wheeler. Is it just me or down Wheeler look scared/nervous when ever he has the puck? A fast paced, uptempo kind of game really exposes Wheeler’s weaknesses handling the puck. However, he should get credit for trying to shoot more.
3. The defensemen. The defense had a lot of mental lapses and bad turnovers in the defensive zone. They can thank Thomas for baling them out on multiple occassions. Ference and Hunwick lead the list but Seidenberg played great, threw his body around, and is starting to find his game.