1. Brad Marchand. Marchand continues to bring speed and energy to this team on a nightly basis. Records his third shorthanded goal of the season and played strong two way hockey all night
2. Milan Lucic. Showing he’s worth the annual 4.083 cap hit. Scored his team leading 14th and 15th goals of the season on a nice shot from the faceoff dot and finishing it off with an empty netter.
3. Zdeno Chara. Chara had a dynamic game, both offensive and defensively. Chara was all over the ice and seemed more involved then usual. Despite a bad pass on the powerplay which eventually lead to the Islanders first goal, Chara played one of his best games of the season.
1. Ice time distribution. Tyler Seguin only skated 9:51 on the night, compared to Thornton who skated nearly 13 minutes. Seguin was explosive whenever he was on the ice tonight and clearly needs to be given more ice time.
2. Three men at the blue line. Might be the worst offensive gameplay in the NHL. Three players standing at the offensive blueline is something that started with P.J. Axelsson years ago. Clearly, that did not work. On multiple occasions tonight, the Bruins implemented this offensive “strategy”, with obvious no results.
3. Trevor Gillies. Who has the better stach Gillies or George Parros? That’s a tough call.