A must win. Biggest game of the year. Can’t go down 0-2 going to the Bell Centre. 53 seconds in…my god you have to shitting me. It’s called Bruins. Is this series over? Yes and most likely. Sure, we’ve things happen, but how many teams beat Montreal twice at home? Especially with Thomas’s track record in Quebec. Let’s be real, it’s probably over. Let’s go over some issues with the past two games.
1) No speed. This team looks like Glen Murray post lockout. Everyone is moving at a snails pace compared to the Habs. I swear there is 7 of them on the ice. There forwards just blow past out defense and get to the net. There forwards can easily pressure our D, and then curl back and clog the neutral zone because our defense and offense can’t make anyone miss. It’s dump and run and repeat. No possession into the offensive zone. They scored their ONLY goal this series on a nice rush. Majority of even strength goals in the NHL come on the rush.
2) Turnovers. All 5 of the Habs goals have come off of stupid turnovers. Can’t do that in the playoffs. Enough said.
3) Softies. Look I like Thomas, but the guy gives up way too many softies. Granted he has made some nice saves, and he can’t help the team sucks at scoring, but the 2nd Gionta goal in game 1 completely killed any chance there and the 3rd goal in game 2 just can’t happen. He has to smother those shots.
4) Stop shooting in the fucking chest. My god, every shot is in the chest. Price has played well, and I don’t want to take away from him, but I could save 90% of the shots. They need to aim for the corners/5 hole. Every shot is in the chest.
5) Get to the net. No one is there to bang home a rebound.
6) Shoot. Just get it on net and on goal. Too many blocked shots and shots wide.
7) Defense needs to jump up. They keep peeling back at every 50/50 puck on the blueline. Let’s go. And stop the D to D bullshit…move it up. Just allows the other team to setup.
I could go on. This team is just not built to beat the Habs. Sucks we were without Chara, but he ain’t scoring many goals himself. This team has no legit wingers with speed and a shot. You can’t argue that. Majority of the past cup champions have had some combo of lethal forwards and a number 1 center.
Sorry, but this team is not constituted for a run. We saw it all year. They’d go in spells where they couldn’t buy a goal and then they’d rip off a 6 goal game. There goal total was inflated because they had like 10 games where they scored 5-6+…the rest were in the less than 3.